Highlights from Windows 11
Microsoft’s free Windows 11 upgrade is arriving on October 5th, 2021. The new operating system will be available for all eligible Windows 10 PCs and will come pre-loaded on new hardware that ships after October 5th. As with all Microsoft upgrades, it will be offered in phases. New eligible devices will get the upgrade first followed by additional devices on and after the October 5th release date.
Aaron Woodman, GM of Windows marketing says, “Following the tremendous learnings from Windows 10, we want to make sure we’re providing you with the best possible experience… we expect all eligible devices to be offered the free upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022.”
In honor of the 11th release, they have highlighted 11 of the new operating system’s features in their latest blog.
- Windows 11 features a new design and sounds that are modern, fresh and clean.
- The Start will now utilize the power of the cloud and put users’ content at the center.
- The new upgrade will provide an even more powerful to multitask and optimize screen real estate with Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and Desktops.
- Teams will be integrated into the taskbar to provide a faster way to connect.
- It will have a new personalized feed powered by AI called Widgets to provide a faster way to access information.
- The system will deliver the best Windows ever for gaming. It unlocks the full potential of the system’s hardware and technology.
- The new Store has been rebuilt with an all-new design that makes it easier to search and discover apps, games, shows, and movies in one trusted location.
- The new operating system is the most inclusively designed version of Windows yet. The new OS improvements were built for and by people with disabilities.
- It unlocks new opportunities for developers and independent software vendors to bring their apps to the Store.
- The upgrade will include optimizations for speed, efficiency, and improved experiences with touch, digital pen, and voice input.
- Windows 11 is built for hybrid work. It will deliver new experiences that work with a hybrid model.