Depending on your industry, if you’re not using video to promote your brand, product, or service, then this year is time for a change. Not convinced just yet? Here are some compelling statistics from Wyzowl to consider.
– Over 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
– About 92% of marketers rank video as an ‘important part’ of their strategies and tactics.
– Companies create different videos for different needs. Over 40% use live-action video, 33% use video animation, and 15% mainly use screen-recorded videos.
– Over 70% of videos used for promotion are “explainer” videos (videos that highlight your offerings).
– On average, 40% of people spend up to $500 on a promotional video. The vast majority spend less than $10,000 on the venture.
– Over 55% of marketers produce their own videos in-house. And 12% hire other agencies to create works for them. About 30% are a mix – some videos being done in-house and others outsourced.
– A vast majority, 61% of businesses, say the number of views their video receives determines success.
– Over 80% of organizations say marketing films have helped them increase ‘dwell time’. Dwell time is the length of time a person stays on a page they found through an online search.
– 86% of marketers say video helps them generate more leads.
– 81% of businesses’ promotional videos have helped them directly increase sales.
– 49% of marketers say explainer and demo videos have helped them reduce support calls.
– 93% of organizations increase brand awareness through video.
– Over 75% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy or download software or a mobile app after watching a video.
These stats tell a persuasive story about the benefits of using video as part of your marketing efforts. There is a lot to consider if you haven’t done promotional videos before, but don’t let that stop you from leveraging what could be a game-changer for your business.